Thank you to our SF 11/3 attendees! It was great to see such a full house. What an amazing cross section of digital media and technology experiences as well as industries that were represented.
A special thank you to our spotlighted guests Suzanne Fletcher (Stanford-StartX Fund Manager) and Kathleen Cameron (Nest).
Following are some key takeaways. Would love to hear your thoughts and takeaways! Please comment.
Elevate Women’s Voices
- Implement practices and process to support action.
- Commit to your action from top down leadership buy-in to results.
- Eliminate/reduce biases, even your own.
- Example: Vendor Funding review Judges now include 50% women and 50% minorities (Suzanne).
- Starts at the onset and continues through the lifecycle of the project and the organization
- Use cases without context results in limited or short-term success. Understand your current ecosphere as well as future across the organization.
- Don’t rely on just process maps. Take out your color pens and map the layers. Understand human behavior and technology (activities and triggers) within your culture.